Volunteering is an activity performed voluntarily for the benefit of society or certain social groups, without reward. Thus, they become volunteers not for financial reasons, but for the sake of helping others and gaining invaluable life experience. After all, volunteering provides many opportunities that allow you to look at yourself and the world around you in a new way, learn something, and get acquaintances.
Why pay for volunteer programs?
Payment for participation in volunteer projects takes place for the reason that a volunteer does not exist in a vacuum. He has a sending and receiving parties that arrange projects. Accordingly, funds are needed in order for these organizations to exist for:
- renting an office;
- salaries for coordinators;
- payment for the Internet and electricity;
- a website;
- a telephone;
- contributions to network organizations;
- support for a project database;
- travel itself if abroad especially.
Such organizations do not have supporting grant-making structures and they need to support themselves on their own.
When you choose to participate in volunteer projects, you will get support and be sure that employees working in the office of such organizations on a permanent basis and constantly learning new things and staying up to date with all the latest news of international volunteering. You can send an e-mail, call on Skype, in urgent cases, or simply, if you wish, call the office phone number to get an answer to your question or talk about your problem.
Possible payment options
As of 2015, 150 universities have offered academic credit to take part in volunteering projects. In addition to independent study opportunities, since 2002, various universities in the US, UK and Australia have been offering academic loans under the ISV Program Syllabus, approved by accrediting institutions. The educational focus is oriented on natural resource management and sustainable development, using the program’s opportunities for experiential learning in an international volunteer environment.
However, this is an educational program for all participants, regardless of whether they issue loans or not. The program includes group discussions, daily journaling, guest speakers, and more to help attendees get the most out of their experiences.
One more option to pay for voluteering projects is online loans. There are companies that issue payday loans in Massachusetts and any other US state to cover some obligations. It requires to meet several requirements to qualify for a payday loan. Here are some of them:
- be at least 18 years old;
- be a U.S. citizen;
- be employed and have a reliable source of income;
- have a checking account;
- have a valid email address and phone number.
There are hundreds of options and projects for volunteering. Each of them is original in its own way, therefore, in order not to get lost in their diversity, you should first evaluate everything and understand what you want. Consider your interests, try to understand which activities can make you happy, and which, on the contrary, will make you feel unhappy.
And after that, you should find out all the details about the proposed types of volunteer programs from the relevant organizations.
At the moment, volunteer programs in Europe, the USA and Asia are quite popular, there are many opportunities in large cities, where there are dozens of entertaining events are held every day.
Volunteer organization expenses
- About 29% of the participation fee or registration fee goes to direct costs: food, accommodation, transport from home to camp and / or transfer, medical insurance, entertainment (small tours or excursions, sports and other events). The direct expenses also include things necessary for the work of a volunteer: school supplies, building materials.
- Approximately 22% are indirect costs: organizing trainings, round-the-clock volunteer support, expanding the network of camps, establishing and maintaining partnerships with other organizations (this includes the salaries of the employees responsible for this). This also includes the rental of premises for an office or a guest house, the necessary equipment, fees for state registration and / or licenses.
- 13% goes to the salaries of employees: administrators, coordinators, accountants, lawyers, IT specialists.
- 24% was directed to financing regional offices and representative offices. In countries where the most projects are organized, where volunteering is most developed, companies are forced to open offices. And this is the cost of rent, personnel, registration and so on.
- 5% – taxes and fees to the state and regional budgets, social insurance contributions and other mandatory payments for companies.
- 7% is aimed at developing the company’s activities: expanding partnerships, establishing work in new countries and regions, opening new camps, creating new projects.
Tags: finance, payday loans, volunteering