Princess Diana remained in the memory of the British as the initiator of many charity events.
The Diana Awards are open to talented, courageous and compassionate young people who are positively changing the lives of others. The nominations guide will help you fill out the form and provide the required information. Nominees should know the candidate in a professional capacity, eg teacher, youth worker. Nominations made by family members will not be accepted.
The Princess Diana Award is the most prestigious award for young people in social and humanitarian work. Since 1999, more than 48,000 young people have received the Diana Award for the work they do in their communities around the world. This award is special in that young people do not work for the sake of the award, but young people work for the good of their society, not expecting to receive an award for it.
The award was established in 1999, two years after the tragic death of the Princess of Wales in a car accident in Paris. This summer, Lady Dee could celebrate her 60th birthday. On Mom’s birthday, July 1, Prince William and Prince Harry unveiled a monument in her honor in the garden of Kensington Palace.
The nominee must ensure that all of the criteria from this checklist are met:
- The nominee knows the candidate in his/her personal capacity, i.e. he/she is not a family member.
- The nominee will not identify himself/herself as a recipient or a referrer.
- The candidate is from 9 to 25 years old.
- The candidate has been working for at least 12 months.
Both UK and international recipients of the Diana Award are also eligible for the Biennial Heritage Awards.
Key areas of influence
The candidate’s five key areas of influence are:
- social influence – social influence on society;
- leadership – how the candidate leads and performs their work;
- transformation of the candidate (attitude, skills, overcoming difficulties);
- motivating others – how the candidate’s work and attitude inspire others and that the candidate becomes a role model.
What do award winners get?
Award winners will participate in a development program that focuses on developing leadership skills, management skills, community development, social entrepreneurship and the use of technology. The winners will also receive a certificate and a Legacy Award.
How to submit an award nomination
You can apply online at the official website https://diana-award.org.uk/award/nomination-centre/ and if you have any questions you can contact the organizing team: firstname.lastname@example.org.