The Role of the Mental Health Development Officer at Neath Port Talbot CVS is;
- To provide support and development for local voluntary organisations, users, carer groups engaged in mental health services.
- To facilitate and develop the Neath Port Talbot Mental Health Forum.
- To ensure the full representation and consultation of voluntary organisations, users and carers in mental health service planning, delivery and research.
- To work with all agencies to develop comprehensive services in Mental Health and provide a mental health perspective where appropriate into partnerships not directly engaged in mental health service provision.
Membership of the Neath Port Talbot Mental Health Forum is open to representatives of all voluntary organisations which are concerned with mental health issues in the Neath Port County Borough Council area.
The Neath Port Talbot Mental Health Service User Network
The Mental Health Service User Network exists so that all adults who are using the services provided by the Neath Port Talbot CBC Mental Health Services and Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board within Neath Port Talbot can have a say in the way that the service is delivered and developed. The Mental Health Service User Network encourages and supports people to express their views to relevant staff and management, and it also speaks up on behalf of people who find it difficult to speak up for themselves.
- To provide a mechanism for communication to take place between Neath Port Talbot CBC and Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board and the people who use their mental health services.
- To create a more powerful voice for Service Users, leading to improvements in service planning and management.
- To identify gaps in services.
- To appraise mental health service users’ experiences of new mental health service developments.